In this funny little installment of Andy Rooney On 60 Minutes, the late-great 90-year old Andy answers some of his critics, and general people sending him mail… some of which is negative.
There are some good pointers in this piece about life in general and about being successful. For example, in response to some of the critics and hate-mail Andy received on a daily basis while he was still alive last year, he says that if he ever listened or paid attention to much of it, he would never speak on TV again.
You really MUST avoid people who criticize you and don’t allow them to get to you or stop you from doing what you want to be doing. People are quick to judge and quick to criticize, and will only grow in it the more outspoken you are and the more you put yourself out there and don’t care what people think. That doesn’t mean that you immediately dismiss what other people say, simply acknowledge it, take constructive criticism where you can, and move on. Don’t allow it to linger, as that negative energy does not do you any good. And Lord knows there is much more where that came from, so why pay it much mind?
Previous Andy Rooney On Videos:
* Andy Rooney On the Middle East. Utah and Utaq, Mesopotamia and Persia, Iraq Half the Size of Texas [Posted On October 28 2012]
* Andy Rooney On WWII and Covering the 8th Air Force Division During World War II [Posted On July 11 2012]
* Andy Rooney On Ex Presidents [Posted June 13 2012]
* Andy Rooney On His Critics [Posted June 1, 2012]
* Andy Rooney On Lists and Magazines [Posted May 26, 2012]
* Andy Rooney On A Woman US President and Why We Haven’t Had One. Plus Ar Women Smarter Than Men? What Countries Have Women Presidents [Posted May 21, 2012]
* Andy Rooney On Computers, Bill Gates, Off Being On (Start) and Typewriters (Andy’s Funniest Video) [Posted May 9, 2012]
* Andy Rooney On eBooks and eReaders… Physical vs digital (Kindle, Nook, etc.) [Posted May 2, 2012]
* Andy Rooney On the 5 Worst Inventions of All Time [Posted April 25, 2012]
* Andy Rooney On Saving, Investing, Money, Finances, Bailouts and the National Debt [Posted April 19, 2012]
* Andy Rooney On President Obama’s Election [Posted April 14, 2012]
* Andy Rooney On the Death of Osama Bin Laden [Posted April 12, 2012]