The game brings back the classic Paper Mario RPG, look, style and humor that players know and love from past Paper Mario games; complete with the literal “paper” look where everything in the game is paper-thin “2d”… meaning that Mario “flips over” when turning and slides under the covers of a bed when sleeping. All the environments and buildings in the game look like a pop-up book, etc… all while adding an all-new gameplay element in the form of “Stickers”.
The Stickers are scattered throughout the environments of the game world that you explore and can be “peeled” off of walls, floors, objects, etc. and added to your collection, where they become items and equipment that increase your abilities and give Mario new powers!
Here’s the Paper Mario: Sticker Star gameplay trailer of the E3 2012 Nintendo Press Conference announcement and gameplay video.
Paper Mario: Sticker Star Synopsis
Mario’s Super Sticker Collection
On the day of the annual Sticker Fest, Bowser decides to pull a prank and scatters six Royal Stickers across the land. To retrieve these mysterious, magical stickers, which are now stuck onto Bowser and his underlings, Mario sets off on an adventure with Kersti, a sticker fairy, visiting prairies, deserts, forests, snowy mountains and volcanoes around the world.
Key Features of Paper Mario: Sticker Star include:
* Stickers are blended into every aspect of game play. They become your arsenal of items and attacks in traditional Paper Mario action-battles and can even unfold the environment to reveal new areas and ways to progress through the game.
* Collect stickers by peeling them off their environment, buying them in shops, or even making your own, and store them in your notebook for later use.
* “Paper”-ize the world by flattening it out and then use your stickers to find secret areas and hidden items just about anywhere in the game.
* The papercraft setting of the game is really emphasized in 3D, giving you the feeling of peering into and exploring a world comprised of shoebox dioramas.
* A cast of colorful characters will keep players laughing at every turn.
This game looks absolutely awesome! I can’t wait for it. Sadly, I shamefully have NEVER played any of the Paper Mario games, even though I want to SOOOO bad and I LOVE Super Mario RPG and the Mario & Luigi series. I MUST play them before this game comes out!