Heroes of Ruin PAL Launch Trailer
The game also features unique social features using SpotPass and StreetPass. SpotPass gives players access to daily challenges that the developers will be publishing for players to tackle for up to a year post-release! While StreetPass allows players to trade items with other players they encounter “in da streets” via the “Traders Network” in the game. Pass someone by who also has the game, and you could get some cool new weapons, items and equipment. Additionally, a community website has been set up that allows players to keep more detailed track of their completed challenges and find additional challenges to tackle. The game also features local multiplayer so you can play offline if you want as well.
War raged for over a hundred years until strong, powerful Lords emerged from the fighting to bring a fragile peace to the land. This peace is threatened when one of the Lords, Ataraxis, ruler of the city of Nexus, is taken ill by a deadly curse. A call is sent out, promising rewards beyond measure for anyone who finds a cure. Four mercenaries, each with their own strengths, weaknesses and motivations answer the call. One uses forbidden spells to rain death on her foes, one has guns and bombs to blast his way through, another has a mighty sword capable of slicing through entire packs of enemies, and one other gains strength from savagely tearing through anything that stands in his way with brutal, bladed fists. These unlikely heroes can choose to create a fearsome alliance or venture forth from the city alone. Beyond the safety of the city the land is filled with strange and dangerous creatures, but none as deadly as the evil force behind the curse, which the heroes must eventually confront and destroy.
Here is a Heroes of Ruin Multiplayer Trailer (E3 2012)
Key Features of Heroes of Ruin include:
* Battle alone or with friends, chatting with your team in realtime using the 3DS microphone, trade items with them, forge new alliances and engage in tactical team play to overcome enemies.
* Choose from four diverse and powerful classes then customize your appearance from the outset. As your character evolves, so does your fighting style and armor set.
* Be a mercenary fighter doing battle against deadly fiends and powerful beasts battling forth on your own in single player or join forces with other heroes online.
* Explore and fight through dynamic environments; battle against a wide variety of deadly creatures who’ll stretch your combat and tactical skills.
* Play in new ways and access more rewards and achievements by completing challenges sent to your 3DS everyday, or download frequent new game content.
Here is an interview with the developers of Heroes of Ruin from E3 2012.