This speech blew the lid off the joint at the RNC and was a homerun, electrifying powerhouse of a speech. Setting in stark contrast the choice we Americans have come this November between Romney Ryan 2012 and Obama Biden 2012.
Paul Ryan gives some outstanding lines in this speech including:
* “And in a clear break from this Obama Administration, and frankly from the years before this administration, me and Mitt Romney will keep federal spending at 20% of GDP or LESS, because THAT IS ENOUGH.”
* “There are the songs on Mitt’s iPod, which I’ve heard on the campaign bus and on many hotel elevators… My playlist, it starts with AC/DC and it ends with Zeppelin.”
* “We are four years into this presidency. This is not the economy Obama inherited. Not the economy he envisions. But the economy we are living. College graduates should not have to live out their 20s in their childhood bedrooms staring up at fading Obama posters and wondering when they can move out and get going with life.”
* “Even presidents sometimes needs reminding…our rights come nature and God…not government.”
* “Mitt and I also go to different churches. But in any church, the best kind of preaching is done by example.”
* “President Obama is the kind of politician who puts promises on the record, then calls THAT the record!”
* “That’s freedom, and I’ll take it any day over the supervision and sanctimony of the central planners.”
* “Everyone who feels stuck in the Obama economy is right to focus on the here and now. And I hope you understand this too, if you feel left out and passed by. You have not failed, your leaders have failed you.”
* “By the way, being successful in business – that’s a good thing.”
There is many, many more awesome lines from Paul Ryan’s incredible speech to go, but that’s good for now. Here are a few great Tweets put on Twitter during his speech.
“Paul Ryan is so genuine, so real, so honest. His speech is framing the only choice in November”
“This speech is hitting basically every note and mark it needs to, as is Ryan in his delivery.”
“Ryan to young people: You didn’t fail, Barack Obama failed that for you.”