As Romney rose up to officially accept the Republican nomination for President in 2012 alongside Paul Ryan as Vice President, he had to deliver a powerful speech that would resonate on multiple levels.
Memorable lines, memorable policy positions, details on issues, sweeping rhetoric and hopeful words for where he will lead the nation if elected to the highest office in the land.
This is the speech that people will remember, as it starts the kickoff of the fall season as each Candidate from both parties head into the final two months of their year/years-long campaign and enter the season of debates… which will be the next measure by which Mitt Romney is judged.
Here are some memorable quotes from his speech, probably the most memorable of which is in the headline!
* “This president can tell us it was someone else’s fault. This president can tell us that the next four years he’ll get it right. But this president cannot tell us that you are better off today than when he took office.”
* “President Obama promised to slow the rise of the oceans and to heal the planet,” Romney said. “My promise is to help you and your family.”
* “Many Americans have given up on this president, but they haven’t ever thought about giving up. Not on themselves, not on each other. And not on America.”
* “Now is the moment when we can stand up and say, ‘I’m an American. I make my destiny. And we deserve better! My children deserve better! My family deserves better! My country deserves better!”
* “Tonight I’d ask a simple question: If you felt that excitement when you voted for Barack Obama, shouldn’t you feel that way now that he’s President Obama?” Romney said. “You know there’s something wrong with the kind of job he’s done as president when the best feeling you had, was the day you voted for him.”
* “I wish President Obama had succeeded because I want America to succeed,” he said. “But his promises gave way to disappointment and division.”