Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel will be released on March 26th 2013 for Xbox 360 and PS3. Check out this all-new Overkill trailer for the upcoming shooter and sequel to the original Army of Two, and Army of Two: The 40th Day.
“There’s nowhere to hide from the explosive destruction of Overkill in Army of TWO The Devil’s Cartel. Walls will crumble, buildings will fall, and your enemies won’t be able to escape in one piece.”
Army of TWO The Devil’s Cartel is a third-person oriented tactical shooter, designed from the ground up to focus on co-op gameplay. The third game in EA’s Army of Two franchise, in it players take on the roles of two mercenaries working for Trans World Operations (TWO) to protect a local Mexican politician from the drug cartels running wild in that country. Game features include: online and local co-op, online versus multiplayer support, two new characters – Alpha and Bravo, over-the-top “overkill” power which accumulates based on players’ use of co-op tactics, customizable gear and weapons, in-game environments that can be used as cover or destroyed to get at enemies.
Pre-Order Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel and you’ll get a number of exclusive additions, including:
* Early Access to Three Overkillers Contracts: Unleash massive destruction with three Contract variations designed for maximum rampage! Players must kill enemies and cause environment destruction to earn enough points to continuously stay in Overkill while making their way to the extraction point.
* Tactical Co-op Gear: Lay down sustained cover fire with the TAH-9 side arm while decked out in the polymer textured outfit and mask or wield the Double D automatic shotgun while battling in the intimidating Overkill mask and outfit.
* Celebrate the Day of the Dead: Bust out the Day of the Dead themed assault rifle and take on Mexico’s most ruthless drug lords in Day of the Dead themed outfit and masks designed by popular tattoo artists.
Additionally those who pre-order from GameStop will get to play as B.o.B. and Big Boi (of OutKast fame), two rappers who compose the theme song for the game called “Double Or Nothing”.
Key Features of Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel:
* Shoot-and-Destroy Tactical Co-op: Work together and perform challenging strategic maneuvers with your friend in a true two-player co-op experience with flanking, dual-breach, riot-shield attacks, and much more!
* Unleash the Ultimate Destructive Power of Overkill: Build up your Overkill meter by performing cooperative maneuvers and unleash it with your partner to take destruction to a whole new level.
* Challenge a Powerful and Ruthless Mexican Cartel: Experience a grim but relevant story set in a modern Mexico that’s been torn apart by the drug war.
* Customize Your Character for Explosive Action: Use the powerful customization tools to outfit Alpha and Bravo with personalized tactical gear to prepare for a dangerous, action-packed mission to end the cartel’s ruthless reign.