More on the game will be shown at E3 2013.
The PC version will feature a number of new additions and enhancements, including the following:
* Enhanced Graphics, Frame Rate, Steam Trophies: Fans will enjoy the original full game plus add-on content Reverie and Resurrection. Additional features include enhanced 1080p High Definition Graphics, solid 60 frames per second (recommended spec), and trophy integration through Steam with Cloud saving.
* New Storyline: Players can immerse themselves into the brand-new Lords of Shadow storyline, meeting classic characters and experiencing tangential side stories.
* New Weapons and Skills: Overcome obstacles using the Combat Cross multi-function weapon and hone platforming skills in this sprawling adventure. Swing across chasms, climb sheer walls, rappel down cliffs, grip and pull away any and all things that get in the way!
* New Titan Battles: Take on behemoth enemies that scale to the size of complete world environments and where special attacks and cunning speed are required for advancement.
* New Exploration: Explore gothic ruins, dark castles, old forest and frozen wastelands. Discover a whole world to investigate with many routes and hidden secret places that contain items to aid Gabriel on his quest.
No word on whether or not Castlevania: Lords of Shadow for Steam will include Controller Support or not. Most Steam games these days do, so hopefully it will.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow is a dark and vivid new re-imagining of the Castlevania mythology. It is the end of days and ungodly powers isolate the Earth. The World’s alliance with the Heavens has been threatened by a dark and malevolent force – the mysterious Lords of Shadow. Across this shattered land, the souls of the dead wander unable to find peace, whilst creatures of evil wreak chaos and death upon the living.
Gabriel Belmont is a member of the Brotherhood of Light, an elite group of holy knights who protect and defend the innocent against the supernatural. His beloved wife was brutally murdered by the evil forces of darkness and her soul trapped for eternity. Neither living nor dead, she realizes the horrific truth of what is at stake and guides Gabriel to his destiny – and hopefully salvation for the world.
This is awesome news, even if you are already very familiar with the game. With all the new content it will be worth downloading the PC version and replaying through this awesome game again. I still have not played through this game, even though my brother owns the Xbox 360 version and loves it. I definitely need to hop to it!