Sonic Lost World takes Sonic in a completely new direction, with a game world and platforming style that resembles Super Mario Galaxy. The game does not have as much of an emphasis on speed, but instead on slower-paced platforming, although there are some sections where you will speed forward through F-Zero like tunnels and fly through the sky.
The courses look like a mix of Super Mario Galaxy, where you walk around planet-like objects, tunnels, up walls and the like, and the level design of something like F-Zero, definitely a great mix.
Official Sonic Lost World Synopsis:
In his latest plot to defeat Sonic and rule the world, Dr. Eggman harnessed the power of six menacing creatures known as the Deadly Six. However, when they rise up against Eggman, Sonic must unite with his arch nemesis & explore the mystical Lost Hex to take them on. Use Sonic’s amazing new moves & incredible Color Powers across unique terrains – racing inside, outside & upside down.
Sonic Lost World Key Features:
* Move like never before. Vault over obstacles, free run up & along walls, & sky dive between islands. Plus the Spin Dash is back!
* New & improved Color Powers. Fly through the air, tear up levels & explode into enemies. Sonic’s more powerful than ever!
* Speed through massive mind-bending courses, vast underground tunnels & colossal structures in the sky as you run inside, outside & upside down.
* Save the world & take on the Deadly Six in dynamic boss battles to test Sonic’s moves & power-ups.
Race friends in ultra-competitive levels & high speed multiplayer modes for the ultimate supersonic showdown!
Wii U Exclusive Features:
* Wield the WiiU GamePad to execute exclusive Color Powers – tilt, touch, aim and more.
* Someone wants to watch TV? No problem! Play the full game using only the WiiU GamePad.
* Share and charge up items by sending them into the Miiverse to share with players around the world.
* Play together. Have a friend pilot radio controlled gadgets to help Sonic by destroying enemies and obstacles.
* Race against a friend as you play on the WiiU GamePad and they play on the TV.
Nintendo 3DS Exclusive Features:
* The first handheld Sonic game ever to feature fully realized 3D levels.
* Unleash Color Powers exclusive to the 3DS version.
* Exclusive Special Stages! Tilt using the Motion Sensor to navigate hair-raising levels and obtain the elusive Chaos Emeralds.
* Create and customize radio controlled gadgets to help Sonic.
* Race against friends locally through ad-hoc and online through network play.
PLUS: Share your gadgets between the WiiU and Nintendo 3DS versions!