The game is made by the same developers who brought you games like Viewtiful Joe, Okami, God Hand and Bayonetta, and looks mightily impressive and awesome.
It’s somewhat similar to Pikmin, but you control superheroes who, much like Captain Planet, combine their powers to summon new attacks and devastate foes. It makes heavy use of the WiiU GamePad and is a definite core game that hardcore gamers will love.
Strength in Numbers
As Wonder Red, leader of the Wonderful 100, you must unite your mob of heroes to morph into powerful transformations such as a fist, sword, glider or gun to battle aliens throughout Blossom City. It’s up to you and your team of superheroes to take on colossal robots and alien masterminds bent on obliterating everything in their path.
The Wonderful 101 Key Features:
* Unite your horde of heroes to morph into powerful weapons to crush the invaders or to synthesize into bridges, chains and other objects that help you make it through the world’s different environments.
* Clobber bad guys with deep and engaging combat. String together combos, dynamically switch between Unite Morphs, defend and evade alien attacks and rack up points to earn the best grades and rewards.
* Explore each stage to find helpless citizens and recruit them to join your army of heroes. The more heroes you gather, the more powerful your Unite transformations will become.
* Fight alongside friends in five-player local co-op multiplayer. Each player controls a Wonder One character and pummels enemies with a unique Unite transformation.
* At the in-game shop, you can spend the valuable O Parts you earn fighting aliens to upgrade or buy entirely new Unite Morphs.