The game is a direct sequel to the critically acclaimed Rayman Origins (released for Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii in 2011. And in 2012 for PS Vita, PC and 3DS).
Like Origins, Rayman Legends is an absolutely gorgeous piece of art, with hand-drawn styled graphics that pop, and a game world that has to be seen to be believed. The game also features massive monsters, and four-player to five-player co-op support! (5 players on WiiU & PS Vita). Even though this game was at E3 2012, it’s still a mighty impressive game even here at E3 2013 and definitely one to watch for. It will be in our hands soon!
Hopefully it has great sales to boot!
Rayman Legends will be released on September 3 2013 in America, and in Europe on August 30 2013.
Rayman, Globox, and the Teensies are off wandering through an enchanted forest when they discover a mysterious tent filled with a series of captivating paintings. As they look more closely, they notice each painting seems to tell the story of a mythical world. While focusing on a painting that shows a medieval land, they are suddenly sucked into the painting, entering the world and the adventure begins. The gang must run, jump and fight their way through each world to save the day and discover the secrets of every legendary painting.
Key Rayman Legends Features:
* Wii U Showcase: Rayman Legends takes advantage of the WiiU and the unique capabilities of the WiiU GamePad. Use the touch screen to take out enemies, manipulate platforms, cut ropes to clear a path and much more. With the gyroscope technology, you can move rotating platforms and there are many more surprises to come!
* The Game Must Go On: The WiiU allows you to keep playing the game even when your television is off, continuing Rayman’s adventure on the GamePad.
* 5-Player Co-op Gameplay: Now more players can join in on the fun! With four Wii Remote controllers and the GamePad, up to 5 players can play at once. At any time if someone wants to leave or join in, the game will continue without interruption. The PS3 version also supports 5-Players using the PS Vita screen.
* 3D Boss Battles: The bosses have a big advantage over Rayman’s gang… an extra dimension! Dragons and other epic creatures can attack from all angles, so you’ll have to be on top of your game to defeat them.
* New Challenges: Connect with your friends through a variety of challenges that will test your skill and speed. Check the leaderboards to see where you rank around the world.
* Rayman Rocks! – Jump to the beat of a drum, punch to the bass line, even zip-line during a guitar sustain. Timing and rhythm is the key to beat these maps set to music. See if you have what it takes to be a Platforming Hero.
* UbiArt Engine Advancements: The UbiArt engine has expanded its abilities to now include 3D gameplay elements, a new lighting design, and a new rendering system which take Rayman’s award-winning graphics to the next level.
* The Award-Winning Team Is Back: The legendary team of decorated artists, designers and composers are teaming up again to create new worlds, new characters and a new soundtrack.
Now let this Rayman Legends Metal Trailer fill you with joy!