Even though I couldn’t disagree more with ol’ Andy regarding Christianity/religion/faith and politics. He being a hardcore, dedicated liberal, me being a Christian Conservative and diehard Republican.
Did you know that Iraq is where the Magic Carpet, ala Aladdin, originated? Did you know the “Middle East” isn’t really in the “middle” of anything? Did you know that Iraq is half the size of the state of Texas in the USA? Did you know that Iran is double the size of Iraq? Thus bigger than Texas… and Saudi Arabia is double the size of Iran!
Andy Rooney demonstrates this in fine style by using puzzle pieces cut out in the shape of each country, and showing how Iraq can fit snuggly within Texas. Genius!Did you know Iraq and Iran only have one letter different among their names? I bet you never realized that. It can make things confusing. It would be like having the state of Utah and then the state of “Utaq” here in the U.S. Hahaha. Utah and Utaq, ingenious. In the old days the two countries were completely differentiated from one another because Iran was called “Persia” and Iraq was known as “Mesopotamia”. Which clears things up quite a bit and makes you realize that they are completely different countries.
Given all the talk of Libya regarding the Obama Administration and our U.S. investment, blood and sweat still going into the Middle East from Iran to Iraq to Afghanistan to Pakistan to Libya to Syria to Lebanon to Israel to Palestine and the West Bank…. I thought this Andy Rooney video from the President George W. Bush era was still timely and relevant. How ironic. That.
Previous Andy Rooney On Videos:
* Andy Rooney On the Middle East. Utah and Utaq, Mesopotamia and Persia, Iraq Half the Size of Texas [Posted On October 28 2012]
* Andy Rooney On WWII and Covering the 8th Air Force Division During World War II [Posted On July 11 2012]
* Andy Rooney On Ex Presidents [Posted June 13 2012]
* Andy Rooney On His Critics [Posted June 1, 2012]
* Andy Rooney On Lists and Magazines [Posted May 26, 2012]
* Andy Rooney On A Woman US President and Why We Haven’t Had One. Plus Ar Women Smarter Than Men? What Countries Have Women Presidents [Posted May 21, 2012]
* Andy Rooney On Computers, Bill Gates, Off Being On (Start) and Typewriters (Andy’s Funniest Video) [Posted May 9, 2012]
* Andy Rooney On eBooks and eReaders… Physical vs digital (Kindle, Nook, etc.) [Posted May 2, 2012]
* Andy Rooney On the 5 Worst Inventions of All Time [Posted April 25, 2012]
* Andy Rooney On Saving, Investing, Money, Finances, Bailouts and the National Debt [Posted April 19, 2012]
* Andy Rooney On President Obama’s Election [Posted April 14, 2012]
* Andy Rooney On the Death of Osama Bin Laden [Posted April 12, 2012]